Thanks to the Whistler Community Foundation for sponsoring this training, to allow community members to attend at no cost.
Upon completion, you will be well prepared to interact confidently about mental health with your family, friends, community, and workplace.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
Course participants will learn how to recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis and encourage that person to:
- Talk about declines in their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being
- Reach out to these support
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
EXTERNAL: We are sharing this event on behalf of our friends at the Canadian Mental Health Association. The event is not being hosted by Whistler Public Library, and therefore may be updated, changed, or canceled with little notice.