How does this new service work?
- The first time you use this new service, we will call you when your holds are ready for pick up, to explain the process. We will also send an email notification each time there is a hold ready for pick up.
- When you arrive at the building, during our Library to Go hours, you will be greeted by a staff member at the front door. We will ask your name and retrieve your holds for you, while remaining 2 metres (or 6 feet) apart at all times.
- Your available holds will already be checked out to your account.
- Our regular due dates have been extended by 7 days.
- You will have 7 days to pick up your holds after being contacted.
- Certain format types (e.g. board games and story boxes) are not eligible for this service and are no longer visible in our catalogue.
How do I place a hold?
- Log into your online library account.
- Enter your library barcode from the back of your library card and your password, which is usually set as the last four digits of your phone number.
- Search our catalogue for a specific item or use the Browse tab of our website to scroll through new titles, bestsellers, award winners and staff picks.
- We can also recommend items you might like. Contact us by email seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at email@example.com or by phone on Wednesdays, and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 604-935-8435.
- When you have found the item you want, click the Place a Hold button and then confirm your hold.
- Wait to be notified that your hold is ready for pick up.
When can I pick up my hold?
When you've been contacted that your hold is ready for pick up, you can visit the library during the following times:
- Monday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
What safety protocols are in place?
- Staff and patrons will remain 2 metres (6 feet) apart at all time.
- Social distancing decals are in place for those waiting in line.
- Hand sanitizer is provided.
- Detailed questions will be referred to staff who can answer safely by phone or email.
- Please note: there will be no elevator access to the lobby to ensure that there is a single, controlled entrance. Accessible parking is available across the street from the library, to the left of Town Plaza Medical Clinic.
- View the complete:
Please stay home if:
- You are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches or headache
- Sore throat
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- We are available 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at firstname.lastname@example.org to help search the catalogue, to place or cancel holds, to find your next read, to help you access your online account, and to provide technology instruction and support.
- We can also help over the phone at 604-935-8435 on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
When can I return items?
- Returns can be made at anytime using the exterior book slots outside of our building. Please note that returns are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked in by staff and will remain on your account longer than usual.
- For oversized returns, please visit the building on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to return these items.
Can I renew my items?
- Of course! You are welcome to renew any items that are not on hold for another patron.
- You can use your online account or you can call or email us to renew your items.