Bookkeeping Basics for Small Business, Self-Employed & Side Hustlers
Thinking of starting a business? In your first year with self employment income? Maybe you’re a long-time entrepreneur who finds bookkeeping overwhelming? Join us for a conversation with bookkeeper Emma Ertel of Bluebird Books! She’ll answer some common questions from business owners, including:
- Do I need to register a business name or number?
- What income do I need to report?
- What expenses can I claim?
- Do I need to charge sales tax?
- Record keeping – how do I keep track of it all?
- How much do I need to save for income tax?
Registration is required for this session! Email email@example.com to sign up. If you have any questions to submit ahead of time, please send them to Jeanette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the presenter: Emma Ertel is a Whistler local who believes that small business is vital to a healthy community. She’s super nerdy about numbers and reports and loves empowering entrepreneurs to have confidence in their business finances. Learn more about her services at bluebirdbooks.ca.