EXTERNAL: 2024 Giller Book Club
For the fourth year in a row, the Giller Foundation has paired the author of each of the 12 longlisted titles from 2023 with other Canadian authors and members of last year’s jury. During the hour-long book clubs, you’ll be part of an intimate one-on-one conversation about how the author thinks, composes his or her novel or short story collection, who inspires them and what challenges they may or may not face. You’ll have the opportunity to ask the author questions during the last 15 minutes of each discussion.
Everyone is welcome to attend the Giller Book Club at no cost via Zoom. To sign up, please visit the Giller Prize website and register. They’ll send you a reminder a week before and the day of so you don’t forget!
2024 Giller Book Club Schedule:
- Jan. 23: Study for Obedience with Sarah Bernstein and Heather O’Neill
- Feb. 6: The Double Life of Benson Yu with Kevin Chong and Perry Chafe
- Feb. 20: Birnam Wood with Eleanor Catton and Sharon Bala
- Mar. 5: The Islands with Dionne Irving and Donna Bailey Nurse
- Mar. 19: All the Colour in the World with CS Richardson and Cary Fagan
- Apr. 2: Away from the Dead with David Bergen and Ruth Rakoff
- Apr. 16: The Clarion with Nina Dunic and Gail Anderson-Dargatz
- May 1: We Meant Well with Erum Shazia Hasan and William Ping
- May 14: Wait Softly Brother with Kathryn Kuitenbrouwer and TBD
- May 28: The Rooftop Garden with Menaka Raman-Wilms and Andrew Sullivan
- Jun. 11: We Have Never Lived on Earth with Kasia Van Schaik and TBD
- Jun. 18: Girlfriend on Mars with Deborah Willis and Rebecca Makkai
EXTERNAL: We are sharing this event on behalf of our friends at the Scotiabank Giller Prize Book Club. The event is not being hosted by Whistler Public Library, and therefore may be updated, changed, or canceled with little notice.