EXTERNAL: The Power of Inclusive Mindsets
In honour of National AccessAbility Week, the Rick Hansen Foundation is hosting a live panel discussion on the power of inclusive mindsets.
Attitudes account for some of the greatest barriers faced by people with disabilities on a daily basis. When we challenge our assumptions of what disability is, and begin to uncover our unconscious biases, we set in motion the steps needed to create lasting change and a truly inclusive society for people of all ages and abilities.
Attend this live panel to learn how you can confront attitudinal barriers and challenge perceptions in order to work towards an inclusive mindset. Click here to register for this free webinar.
• Yvonne Felix (they/them), Inclusive Design Artist and Consultant
• Taylor Lindsey-Noel (she/her), Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker & Disability Advocate
• Jade Pichette (they/them), Director of Programs, Pride at Work
• Ryan Straschnitzki (he/him), Former Humboldt Bronco, Team Alberta para-ice hockey member, and Founder of Straz Strong Foundation Moderator
• Matthew Shaw (he/him), Accessibility Content Lead, RHF Accessibility Certification
ASL interpretation and live captioning will be provided.
EXTERNAL: We are sharing this event on behalf of our friends at the Rick Hansen Foundation. The event is not being hosted by Whistler Public Library, and therefore may be updated, changed, or canceled with little notice.