Migrant Worker Support Services Drop-In
Are you a Temporary Foreign Worker living or working in Whistler? Do you have a closed work permit, OPW -V, or a maintained status and feel uncertain about your rights in Canada? Do you believe that you are subjected to any sort of bias and/or abuse at your current workplace?
The Migrant Worker Support Program provides guidance and assists you in accessing any resources and services you may need. This service is made available to you through the Whistler Multicultural Society and funded through Mosaic by Employment and Social Development Canada.
We can help you with:
- Information and Referral: We provide information and referral services to help migrant workers access a range of services, including healthcare, social, and legal services as well as pathways to PR.
- Employment Standards: We support migrant workers and provide information on worker’s rights. This includes information on minimum wage, overtime pay, and other labour standards.
- Health and Safety: We provide information on how to file a worksafe BC claim in case of an injury at work and support migrant workers on health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Work Permit: We provide support to migrant workers in cases of workplace harassment, discrimination, or unfair treatment. This includes support for an OPW – V application.
- English Language: We help you understand documents, applications, and forms for various work permits. We can provide help with English language practice.
You can drop by to speak with the Migrant Support Worker, no appointment needed, on Wednesdays from 1:30 to 5 p.m. If you aren’t available during these drop-in times or if you have any questions about this service, contact email@example.com or call 604-935-6686 for details.