Virtual Whistler Meditates
Join us on Zoom to shake off the day with guided breathing and meditation practices. Everyone welcome, from first-timers to practiced meditators. Facilitated by longtime meditator and RYT Susan Reifer.
Registration is required! Click here to sign up.
About the instructor:
Susan Reifer has practiced meditation for over 30 years. She is a registered yoga teacher and working journalist who has lived in the Whistler area for 20 years. She has always loved Whistler Public Library and is delighted to give back to our community. You can learn more about Susan at susanreifer.com.
Best Practices for Zoom Whistler Meditates sessions:
- Dress comfortably, in loose or stretchy clothes that make it easy to sit and move gently.
- Find a quiet place to practice. This may be easier said than done if you’re at home with other people! If possible, practice in a room by yourself with the door closed; if that’s not possible, find a quiet corner and use headphones. Ask your housemates and family not to disturb you during your 60 minutes in meditation class.
- We practice and encourage seated meditation in this class. Please consider participating in this class while sitting in a supported, upright position rather than lying down. When it comes to sitting in a chair, supportive and firm is better than squishy. If you’re sitting on a couch or in an armchair, you may need a blanket or pillow to raise your hips or to provide lower back support. If you plan on sitting on the floor, try to raise your hips with a pillow, a couch cushion, a folded beach towel or a rolled yoga mat. If the only quiet place you have to practice is your bed, please consider staying upright by sitting up instead of lying down; use something like a pillow or two underneath you to raise your hips, and possibly also something upright behind you, like a vertical rolled yoga mat, to support your back.
- When you join the meeting, you will be asked to share your audio and video. It helps Susan teach to each of you more effectively if share both. If you’re not comfortable showing your video feed, you can just share your audio.
- We will not be recording this session. We ask that you do not record or take screen shots of the session, out of respect for the privacy of our facilitator and other participants.