We are monitoring the situation with COVID-19 in BC and will continue to adapt services based upon recommendations from the provincial health authorities, our Board, and local government. The library may be different for the time being, but we want you to know we are looking forward to seeing you and helping to meet your library needs.
As of Wednesday, August 25, masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces throughout B.C. to help slow the transmission of COVID-19 as B.C. prepares for the fall and respiratory illness season.
A new order from the provincial health officer requires people 5 and older to wear masks in indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status.
Due to the recent cyber security incident, some of our services are unavailable at this time.
What services are available right now?
- Get a library card
- Browse the shelves
- Reading recommendations
- Holds pick-up
- Printing, copying, and scanning
- Requesting materials from other libraries
- Purchase suggestions
- Returns (24/7 book drops are accessible to the left of our front doors)
- Online resources are available to download books, films, music, and more or to learn a new skill
- Virtual and in-person events, programs, and storytimes
- Comfortable seating and study space (at 50% of our usual capacity)
What services are not available at this time?
- Computer access
- Meeting room rental
- Toys and stuffed animals for children
- Invigilation services
- Book donations
What safety protocols are in place?
- As of Wednesday, August 25, masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces throughout B.C.
- Plexiglas barriers at service desks
- Hand sanitizer will be provided
- High-touch surfaces will be disinfected twice per day in addition to deep cleaning
Please stay home if:
- You are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches or headache
- Sore throat
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days
- Are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- Mondays: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursdays: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Fridays: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Public Health Information
Mental Health Resources
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Health Link BC
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support
- CAMH (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health)
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Anxiety Canada