LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES APPLICATIONS
Applications are being received for Trustee positions on the Whistler Public Library (WPL) Board as appointed by the Council of the Resort Municipality of Whistler (RMOW).
Pursuant to the Library Act, RSBC 1996, c. 264, ss. 5-6, there are five (5) vacancies available for a two (2) year term effective (January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2019); and one (1) vacancy available for a one (1) year term (January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018). Interviews will be conducted during the month of November.
- A resident or an elector of the RMOW.
- Not a RMOW employee.
- Not a WPL employee.
- The Board consists of eleven (11) members. Ten (10) are selected from the community and one (1) member from the RMOW Council.
- The Board selects a Chair and Vice Chair at its first meeting in each year.
- The Board must meet at regular intervals at least six (6) times a year.
- Meetings are currently held on the first Wednesday of each month from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
For further information on the responsibilities of the Board members, please contact Bevin Heath Ansley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit applications to:
Jo-Anne Watson, Administrative Assistant
Legislative Services Department
Resort Municipality of Whistler
4325 Blackcomb Way
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 604-935-8109
Applications will be accepted at Municipal Hall no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, November 17, 2017.
The Whistler Public Library Board of Trustees meets 11 times per year on the first Wednesday of the month in the library's Community Room. The Board of Trustees operates pursuant to the B.C. Library Act.
The 2017 Board of Trustees is comprised of the following members:
- Gord Annand, Chair
- Bevin Heath Ansley, Vice Chair
- Kathleen Graham, Treasurer
- Jen Ford, Municipal Representative
- Vicki Crompton
- Kelly Gartshore
- Dea Lloyd
- Celia Utley
- Rod Tindall
- Paul Tutsch